Fees & Financing
- Required contribution: between CHF 3'500 and CHF 25'000
- Actual cost of the programme: CHF 25'000 (including tuition, travel and accommodation)
The DPP programme is benefiting from significant subsidies granted by the SDC (Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation), the Canton of Geneva, the Avina Stiftung foundation and other institutions. These subsidies are allocated to the candidates according to their country of origin, which classification takes into account the priority countries of Swiss cooperation and the Human Development Index (HDI).
If you are coming from a priority country, your financial contribution will be limited to CHF 3'500 + some logistic fees listed below*. This contribution also applies for your organisation or any third party who might be choosing to sponsor your participation to the programme.
Opportunities for other countries
If you are coming from a country that is not on the above list, you may still be eligible for cost reduction and your financial contribution will be fixed according to the Human Development Index (HDI):
- CHF 12'500* for candidates coming from a country with a low-to-medium HDI
- CHF 17'500* for candidates coming from a country with a high HDI
- CHF 25'000* for candidates coming from a very high HDI
Scholarship for English-speaking Africa
The Knowledge Exchange Centre (KEC) and XL Africa Group, in Nigeria, will grant a full scholarship to one DPP 2017-2018 future participant.
In addition to the general requirements, applicants to this scholarship should fulfil the following specific conditions:
- Come from an English-speaking African country, preferably from Nigeria
- Propose a professional thesis topic in the areas of unemployment, employability, small and medium enterprise management and entrepreneurship in Africa
The programme is organising and covering the following services:
- Module 1: accommodation, meals, local transportation
- Module 3: accommodation, meals, round trip to Geneva, local transportation, health/accident insurance
You are required to organise and take at your expenses:
- the round trip to attend Module 1 in Accra/Bishkek/Hanoi/Lima/Ouagadougou
- the logistic fees incurring during Module 2
- health/accident expenses incurring during Modules 1 and 2
For Swiss and other 'Northern' candidates, specific arrangements are taken. Please, contact Stéphanie Roy Michael (+41 22 908 43 86).
Once admitted to the programme, you will receive an invoice. Payment has to be made by bank transfer to:
Bank name: CREDIT SUISSE SA, Rue de Lausanne 17-19, 1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland
Beneficiary: Fondation pour l'étude des relations internationales et du développement
Account number: 0251-254300-11-168
IBAN: CH26 0483 5025 4300 1116 8
REF: Executive Master DPP 3249
Please note that payments can only be received in Swiss Francs.
Your enrolment to the programme will be confirmed after receipt of your payment. Failure to pay the full amount of your invoice will lead to exclusion from the programme.
If you withdraw from the programme, please note that no refund will be done for your contribution and any logistic expenses incurred at the moment of the withdrawal.
Candidates resident in Geneva
If you are a Geneva resident or tax payer, you may be entitled to a training allowance for continuing education (CAF) up to CHF 2250.--. For further information and application process, please visit the State of Geneva website - looking for reference course n° 2713 - before the beginning of the course (no funds are granted once the programme has started).