The DPP programme is aimed at professionals coming mainly from Africa, Latin America, Central and Southeast Asia. Nevertheless, it is also open to Swiss and other 'Northern' countries candidates working in international cooperation, whether they are based in the field or at the headquarters of their organisation.
! Important information !
Please note that we won’t be able to organise the regional DPP course this year (2018-2019) for Central Asia and the Caucasus (CAC). It will be replaced by the new thematic DPP (Conflict and Fragility Management) that will take place in Bishkek (open to everyone). If a regional CAC DPP might take place again, we’ll keep you duly informed.
- Professionals who currently hold or aspire to key positions in a development or international cooperation role, in public or private-sector, NGOs or civil society associations
- University degree (minimum 3 years) and several years of professional experience (or an equivalent combination of training and experience)
- Support of the candidate's organisation
- Proficiency either in English, French or Spanish
- Optimal age: between 30 and 45 years
Admissions are approved by a committee including all partner institutions. In addition to the quality of the application files, the committee's decisions are also guided by a necessity to ensure balance based on regional origin, gender, educational and professional background, and proposed professional thesis topic. There is no automatic right of admission either on the basis of professional experience or educational background.
The Admission Committee will be gathering in April 2018 and candidates will be informed about their admission / non admission at the end of the same month.
Documents for Application File
- Online application form
- Form to be completed by your organisation and to be sent with a short cover letter on headed paper and signed by the contact person (the one who filled the form)
- Scanned copies of your academic degrees
Extension until 4 April for Latin America and English-speaking Africa only!
Applications will be open until 15 March 2018 and the programme will start in July / August 2018. Complete application files must reach us by electronic email to email@example.com.